Santa Barbara Chapter Championship – Competitor Information
The EWGA Championship is the largest women’s amateur golf tournament in the world and we want YOU to be a part of the fun! Members of all skill levels are encouraged to compete so give the Chapter Championship a try. You’ll be glad you did.
The EWGA Championship is played in three stages:
- The Chapter Championship, an 18-hole local qualifying round held at each Chapter location
- The Semi-Final Championship, an 18-hole round held at 15 venues. The Southern California/Desert Southwest (SCALD) Semi-Final
- The EWGA Championship Finals, a two-day, 36 hole event.
To play you need a to be a female EWGA member in good standing, have a verifiable Handicap Index, an equivalent of two 18-hole scores posted in your handicap record for the current year.
Santa Barbara's Chapter Championship is in the month of May at the Santa Barbara Golf Course.
The Championship consists of two competitive divisions:
- Stroke Play Division: Eligible participants are flighted based on their USGA Handicap Index on May 15.
||Handicap Index Range
||0.0 – 12.0
||12.1 – 19.0
||19.1 – 25.0
||25.1 – 32.0
||32.1 – 40.4
- Four-woman Team Scramble: Consists of four (4) participants who meet the eligibility requirements and have a Team Computation Factor falling within a +2 and -5 range on May 15. Teams can be Inter-Chapter teams.
|Team Member Handicap Index
|12.0 or less
|12.1 – 19.0
|19.1 – 25.0
|25.1 – 32.0
|32.1 or higher
The EWGA Championship has a standard, per player entry fee of $50 that covers the various administrative costs associated with running a multi-level event. EWGA members wishing to participate and advance in the EWGA Championship incur this cost at the Chapter Championship stage. ALL participants MUST register online via the EWGA member portal. There will be NO Chapter registration for Championship competitors.
Here are the steps:
Go to www.ewga.com and SIGN IN at the top of the homepage.
- Sign into the Member Portal with email address & Password
- Click on Event Registration on the left hand side and follow prompts
- Select "2016 EWGA Championship Entry" and follow prompts
NEXT STEP: Send Gretchen Ostergren (Chapter Championship Director) an email telling her that you have registered.
Cost: $85 covers entry fee to Headquarters , and local chapter fees for awards and Awards Banquet.
Green fees are payable to the course at check in.
There are a number of documents that you will need to review prior to the competition and you may want to read prior to signing up to play. Here is the link to these very important documents.
Player Documents: www.ewgachampionship.com/formsplayerdocuments
EWGA Championship Website: http://www.ewgachampionship.com/chapterchampionships