Santa Barbara Chapter Championship – Competitor Information
The EWGA Championship is the largest women’s amateur golf tournament in the world and we want YOU to be a part of the fun! Members of all skill levels are encouraged to compete so give the Chapter Championship a try. You’ll be glad you did.
The EWGA Championship is played in three stages:
- The Chapter Championship, an 18-hole local qualifying round held at each Chapter location
- The Semi-Final Championship, an 18-hole round held at 15 venues. The Southern California/Desert Southwest (SCALD) Semi-Final
- The EWGA Championship Finals, a two-day, 36 hole event.
To play you need a to be a female EWGA member in good standing, have a verifiable Handicap Index, an equivalent of two 18-hole scores posted in your handicap record for the current year.
Santa Barbara's Chapter Championship is in the month of April at the Santa Barbara Golf Club.
The Championship consists of two competitive divisions:
- Stroke Play Division: Eligible participants are flighted based on their USGA Handicap Index on March 15.
||Handicap Index Range
||0.0 – 10.0
||10.1 – 17.0
||17.1 – 24.0
||24.1 – 32.0
||32.1 – 40.4
- Four-woman Team Scramble: Consists of four (4) participants who meet the eligibility requirements and have a Team Computation Factor falling within a +2 and -5 range on March 15.
|Team Member Handicap Index
|10.0 or less
|10.1 – 17.0
|17.1 – 24.0
|24.1 – 32.0
|32.1 or higher
ALL participants MUST register online via the EWGA member portal. There is NO local Chapter registration for Championship competitors. Players pay one fee in one place.
All members are encouraged to participate. Don't be intimidated. Everyone competes against players of similar golf ability at all stages. Players who advance get to meet some really nice people in other Chapters. Think of the networking opportunities!
Watch your email for information on when to sign up and how to sign up.